Glock Detasseling works for two separate companies throughout the season and therefore has two separate pay systems to comply with. Be observant and notice when you work in and around Wahoo OR towards Seward/Utica/York.
- Hours worked around Wahoo and some out West will be paid in one lump check at the END OF THE SEASON - indicated by SYNGENTA on the daily hours page. Please allow up to 3-4 weeks after the season ends for the accounting firm to process payroll.
- Hours worked West of Lincoln, unless marked Syngenta on the crew page, will be paid on a weekly basis directly from Pioneer Hi-Bred. These checks are processed in Omaha, then York and finally printed in Iowa. You will receive a check at the address indicated on your paperwork
- Notification for both systems will be posted on the website when available - please track your hours accordingly.
** Important Notice**
Each detassler will be contracted at a certain hourly wage (as indicated on your disclosure form). Pay from Pioneer will be at minimum wage throughout the season and the difference will be calculated and sent to you in a lump sum at the end of the season.
Employees are paid:
- Only while they are in the field
- PLUS travel both ways to and from Pioneer fields and some Syngenta fields out West- This pay is equivalent to minimum wage, regardless of your hourly wage. Travel pay appears as a separate line item on your Pioneer checks.
Hours worked may vary among employees:
It is important to know that in a field that is a minimum of 1/2 mile long, all kids do NOT quit working at the same time. Every effort will be made to help each other out and finish together, but sometimes that is not possible. Therefore, it may take up 30-45min. for all employees to finish work and load the bus. We hope this helps to explain any discrepancies in hours among employees.
** Also note - employees will not be sent specific timesheets. Each employee is responsible for tracking individual hours worked. Approximate hours will be posted daily on the website as a general entry.
Pioneer pay period runs from Monday to Sunday and the check will arrive the following Friday or Saturday in the mail. For example hours worked from July 15-21 (Monday-Sunday) will arrive in your mail boxes July 26th or 27th.
If your check does not arrive on Friday or Saturday, please wait a few more days before e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you e-mail please include your correct mailing address, so we can verify it in our system. We have to wait 10 days before payment can be stopped and a check reissued. *Reminder: This will be at minimum wage and the difference will be made up at the end of the season.*